Setting up notifications of your Team's activity in MS Teams is an essential part of growing and maintaining your knowledge repository. You can add Stack Overflow for Teams notifications to channels and direct messages to keep up with question and answer activity in your Team. Click on the button to create a notification to get things going.
To start, select which types of activity you want to be notified about.
- Questions: be notified when there's a new question.
- Answers: be notified when there's a new answer.
- Accepted answers: be notified when there's a new accepted answer.
- Edited questions: be notified when a question is edited.
- Updated answers: be notified when an answer is updated.
- Comments: be notified when a comment is added.
The last thing we need to know is which tags you want to notified for. The default is All tags, but you can also specify specific sets of tags. For example, if your Design team has a #design channel, you can specify that any Questions tagged with CSS, HTML, design, etc. should trigger a notification in #design. Setting up notifications with specific sets of tags helps keep teams up to date with knowledge relevant to them, and reduces noise.
Once you're done, click Create notification, and you're all set. We encourage you to create as many notifications as needed to keep your Team informed and active in their favored communication tool.